Saturday, September 14, 2013

And two

I'm back!

What have I been doing for over a year? Having a second child.  And man, number 2 changes everything.  Please forgive me for my smugness, little brother has changed all of that for me.

Before I became a mom I had these ideas about what motherhood would be like. I would be an awesome mom, calmly providing guidance to my well-behaved children.  Saturdays would be spent reading the paper on the couch while they played contentedly on the floor.  I would plan fun and educational activities and crafts which we all would enjoy.  I would be the mom you pin on Pinterest.

Well, then kids happened.  Boys happened.  Two boys happened.  And often when I manage to find the time to plan and execute an activity/craft/learning opportunity B squashes it/drowns it/eats it/throws it on the floor/runs around it so that rather than being awesome-educational-activity-planning mom I am harried-yelling-cleaning-up-messes-why-can't-you-ever-listen mom.

I still strive to be that mom, but I've needed to scale back expectations.  I scour Pinterest skeptically and seek out activities that are actually realistic for a 2 1/2 year old. 

So my hope for this blog going forward is to share some ideas that have actually worked for us.  As I continue to try to feed my family healthy food I'll try to share some recipes too, containing only easy-to-find ingredients. I hope you'll read, share if you like it, and even Pin!

No comments:

Post a Comment