Monday, February 13, 2012

Sick kids

Last week my little guy had his first bout of the stomach flu.

I felt so bad for him, because I know the flu is miserable.  I imagine it's worse when you have no idea what is happening to you or why.

I've also never done well with vomit.  The smell makes me gag.  And with a kid who can't aim, there are lots of places for the smell to linger until you figure out that you're able to clean them too.  Plus, when you're home alone, you need to care for the child first and leave the mess until later, when it is hopefully not TOO dried in.  Yuck.

So stomach flu isn't fun but...even though I felt bad for him, and lived in fear of the next event, it was kind of nice.  He was snuggly.  He's a 14-month old boy; he NEVER sits still in my lap.  When he let me read stories for 30 minutes straight, I knew he was definitely sick.  And the next day, I made a big pile of books next to the rocking chair and was a little disappointed when he was feeling well enough to play. 

Does this make me a horrible mother, or is it something you've experienced too?

No comments:

Post a Comment